Monday 3 December 2012

Task 4: Layout and Composition



I decided to look at the different ways I could compose the front cover of the magazine, specifically the layout of the title. I wanted to explore different cut outs of the letters, so i drew out some variations in my sketchbook. Below are some of ideas i tried out.

I also looked at 'Slanted Magazine' for some inspiration. There is a lot of information on the front cover but it is composed in an interesting way and uses different weights of type to create a depth to the words that mimics the depth of the photo. The photo on the rear is the opposite of that on the front. This is something I may use further on in my project as i think it makes the magazine seem like a 3D object, almost as if the photo is real and in front of you.









In the last example, I took all of the cut out pieces and arranged them into a word that is embellished with green shapes, almost like leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment