Tuesday 16 October 2012

Revised Unit 3 Brief

After completing four research tasks to investigate how different features of graphic design may relate to my project, the direction that I would like to go in has changed slightly.

Travel - Mountain Biking Holidays

I now aim to design a mountain biking travel magazine that is released 4 times a year. This may give me the option of relating each edition to the season that is released, allowing me to theme them and use relevant imagery for the time of year. This may include a series of 4 magazine covers that span a year, or just one cover, and a range of pages from inside the magazine.

I chose to focus on a magazine because I have not yet explored publication design in the course, and it is something that I am interested in. I think that if I focus on the magazine itself, and not give myself another company to brand (e.g. The holiday company), I will be able to produce a more effective and successful outcome.

The target audience for my project hasn't changed much and will be an age range of 20 - 50. I want to make the magazine quite modern and classy, and the fact that is is a seasonal magazine means that it will have to be packed with information and imagery from the season.

I have done lots of initial research, as well as ongoing research and designer reference, that has inspired me to refine the direction of my project and this has opened my eyes to different styles of magazine. Most of the magazines I have looked at (Blink, Cream, The Universal Zine) aren't related to the subject that I am designing for, but there are interesting features in them that I wish to explore more. These include the layout of photo pages, photo editing and the layout of the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment