Sunday 30 September 2012

Task 2: Mixing It Up


Designer Reference - Oded Ezer

I love the way that Ezer combines imagery and type to create very organic forms. 
Some examples are shown below (all images from ezerdesign.com)






2 Pages from my sketchbook around the theme 'Mixing It Up'


1. I made a sketch of a bike derailleur and incorporated it into a letterform to match the style I found by Ezer. I then created it digitally and recorded some variations when mixed with the letter. I chose to mix up image and typography to complete the brief. I decided to then take apart the image into components and created a 'toolbox' for making my own type.

2. I chose another part of the bike, this time the crankset, and drew it using Illustrator again. I separated the components again to add more shapes to the toolbox. The bottom of the page shows my first attempt to create my own typeface using the parts of the bike. I had strayed away from my initial idea, but I think that this satisfies the brief because I have changed the regular shapes of a font for something that is directly linked to my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment