Saturday 1 September 2012



Cream Magazine design work by Yomesubo

I was looking through the Behance Network and this caught my eye. I am aware that the subject matter doesn't necessarily fit with that of my own project, but some of the details have really inspired me.





I love how the full-page photographs are contrasted by the simplicity of the black on white (or vice versa) text in these examples. I also noticed how the choice of font reflects the shapes found in the photograph. In the example above, the curves and hourglass shapes created by the bowtie are mirrored by the thick, rolling silhouette of the type.



In these examples, I was drawn towards the symmetry of each page - especially in the photography.





The examples above show double page spreads where both pages contain imagery. I really love the contrast in the example above. The yellow and blue almost looks like a negative that is really exciting to look at.




This magazine has been printed using fluorescent ink to really produce a cutting pink colour. Coupled with the black background, it really stands out more than I have ever seen in a magazine. I really like this set of examples; the photoset has a limited colour palette, yet there are accents of pink that add warmth. You can almost see underneath the fluorescent ink that there are shapes printed in the background. I think that the limited amount of type and the signature at the bottom of the cover add personality, making it look less like a publication and more like a piece of photography. 

-All images belong to Yomesubo-

No comments:

Post a Comment