Sunday 2 September 2012




Blink Magazine - design work by Yomesubo

Another example of magazine design that I came across on the Behance Network.
I love the stamp style of the first two images. It is quite different to what you would find in a magazine, adding class by taking out much of the detail and complexity that you would normally find here. The black and white colour scheme completes it, and over all it looks like a piece of branding or a logo.




I really like these examples, especially the second one. I found the photo editing (sections of negative and positive) to be really original and something that I would like to explore in my own project. It really makes a change from using standard photos throughout a magazine spread. The bottom left image has a fluorescent blue background instead of black or white, yet still uses black ink, creating a very vivid feel to the page - almost like a block print.




Again I was really inspired by the examples above. The illustrative work in this photo is really effective and again, something I have not seen before in a magazine. I will definitely look to use this in my project. I also found the typography design in the first photo interesting, the different shapes and textures really convey the meaning and mirror the photo that is printed next to it.

-All images belong to Yomesubo-

No comments:

Post a Comment