Wednesday 30 January 2013

Developing sketches into digital ideas.


Using a serif font, I created some versions of the 3D words I had sketched out. The first had decreasing sizes of shadow, and the second went in alphabetical order. I used a more random order to make it look like a mountain range. The colours that I chose were greens as I had used these colours throughout the rest of my project. The 3D idea roots back to the tasks that I completed during the first four weeks of experimentation.

When I tried to apply this into a magazine context, I found that It was the wrong shape to sit well, as magazine titles are usually uniform size. After looking at a few options of how I could apply the word, I found that a more effective idea was to use the letter 'W' instead. This made it more of an icon, allowing me to create a stronger identity for the magazine.


This made the cover less cluttered and easier to read and recognise.




No comments:

Post a Comment