Thursday 20 September 2012

Task 1: Scale and Proportion

3 Pages from my sketchbook for the theme 'Scale and Proportion'



1. This was my initial ideas page. I initially looked at the word 'follow' but then changed to 'wander', and sketched a few ideas of how the word could be portrayed through its style. I decided to focus on perspective and produced the idea at the bottom of the page. 

2. I took this idea and recreated it digitally, and made some variations of it. I used a clipping mask to incorporate a grassy texture, added colour blocks and experimented with different transparencies and arrangements of the lines. I then decided to remove all of the lines to leave the shadows, and went on to change some colours.

3. I wanted to develop the shadow idea more, but I found it to be fairly hard to read. This is because the perspective changes from letter to letter, so I drew another word where the perspective was the same. I then found the shadows of the word again, and overlayed them on top of the initial type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment